detail GL postings required

diannedianne Member Posts: 5
Is it possible to post each line in a sales or purchase invoice to the GL, even if the GL account number is the same on each line? We're finding that NAV summarizes each GL account and creates 1 summary posting. We would like to see one posting entry for each SI or PI line.

e.g.
line 1 GL Account 1000 $10.00
line 2 GL Account 1000 $15.00

NAV will post $25.00 to GL Account 1000.
We want $10.00 and $15.00 posted to GL Account 1000.

Comments

• cnicolacnicola Member Posts: 181
    Yes it is. You need to make a change for it though.
    You change the primary key of the Invoice Posting Buffer to add the Line No. from Sales Line (or description if that is how you want to separate). Then you make sure it gets filled in in codeunit 80.
    I would give more details but:

1. I don't know which version you are using.
    2. While a simple change it can have dire consequences done wrong. So I don't want to be blamed for things after :D
    Apathy is on the rise but nobody seems to care.
  • mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
    Isn't this what the field "Summarize G/L Entries Field" in the General Ledger Setup Table does?

From Navision help:

When the program calculates sales and use tax for a sale or a purchase, it generates one G/L entry per tax detail. In this field you can specify that you want the program to sum up these tax entries and post them as a single G/L entry.

Place a check mark in the check box if you want the program to use this function.

It's possible that you have to put this field on the form, I don't know if it shows by default.
  • cnicolacnicola Member Posts: 181
    The original post is not referring to the tax but to the actual original amounts.
    Apathy is on the rise but nobody seems to care.
  • diannedianne Member Posts: 5
    Thank you. Your reply is as I expected, but just thought I'd check.
    Although somewhat off topic, interesting to learn about the Summarize G/L Entries for the tax entries.