"Comment" lines on invoice not printing

jeffb_r4jeffb_r4 Member Posts: 34
Hi all.
I'm running into a problem where comments entered onto lines of a sales order are not printing. That is, there are comments put in the "description" area of an order (but no item or qty), and some print and some don't. There doesn't seem to be a fixed pattern to which ones do and which ones don't, although it often seems to skip every 2nd line.
The comments are there when you look in, say, the sales invoice line table, but for some reason don't print.
Any ideas?
](*,)

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Sounds like you have to look into your invoice report. Any mods?

Have you tried a test inv of say 20 comment lines in a row to see what prints and what doesn't?
  • jeffb_r4jeffb_r4 Member Posts: 34
    Hi.
    In doing what you suggested (20 comment lines) I think I may have stumbled on the answer.
    I created two different orders with 20 comment lines. In one order, while entering the comment line, I selected "item" in the type field and in the other I left the field blank.
    When I left the field blank, it doubled up on the comments, ie. put two on one line on the invoice, while on the one where there was "item" in the type field, it printed one per line on the invoice.
    I suspect this was happening (entering the comment without the item), so the 2nd comment line may or may not show up depending on how long the 1st comment line was?
    This would explain the inconsistency.
    Does this make sense?
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    For our Invoice report we SHOW our out of stocks (Qty = 0)
    I have seen reports where Qty=0 doesn't show (filtered out)

I would also take a look at the reports DataItemTableView property for the Sales invoice Line - to see if it's filtering out blank lines (for example)