Navision 5.0 - links documents (Ctrl+L) issue

JTProJTPro Member Posts: 169
Hello all,

Navision client version 5.0 contains ability to link (Ctrl+L) external documents to the navision objects like order or invoice. My client links scanned documents with purch. invoice. The problem is that after posting such an invoice, linked documents are gone.

I guess that Navision links document to the particul object, and it doesn't care about posting.

Do you know any method to overcome this problem?
I will be graceful for any reply.

Best regards,
JTPro
Navision Application Version: 4.0SP1
Navision Database Version: 4.0

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    I know the issue of what you mean i also know i have seen it work once or twice when i was playing around with it,

What type of file are they adding i know Pictures and other item have certain issues

I just posted through an invoice on the header and it kept 3 records of a .pdf , .XLS and .doc

Try posting through the scanned image as a different format or indeed try a dummy run on a test database
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    I know the issue of what you mean i also know i have seen it work once or twice when i was playing around with it,

What type of file are they adding i know Pictures and other item have certain issues

I just posted through an invoice on the header and it kept 3 records of a .pdf , .XLS and .doc

This was a released order that had been shipped already but needed to be invoiced

Try posting through the scanned image as a different format or indeed try a dummy run on a test database
    Oh it did lose the documents against the line
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    In CU80 is this code:
          IF SalesSetup."Copy Comments Order to Invoice" THEN BEGIN
            CopyCommentLines(
              "Document Type",SalesCommentLine."Document Type"::"Posted Invoice",
              "No.",SalesInvHeader."No.");
            SalesInvHeader.COPYLINKS(Rec);
          END;

It means, if you check the setting "Copy Comments Order to Invoice" in Sales setup, the documents on Order will be transfered to Invoice.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.