Error on posting

NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
Hi,

Upon posting a cashier receipt journal. I am getting this error

" The transaction cannot be completed because it will cause inconsistencies in the G/L Entry Table.

Check where and how the CONSISTENT function is used in the transaction to find teh reason for the error.

Contact you system manager if you need assistance.

Parts of the program marks table as inconsistent during very comprehensive task, such as posting. This prevents data from being updated correcly."

I run the debbuger and shows the line COMMIT as the error. Why and what is the cause of this error?

Thanks in advance.
Navision noob....

Comments

• purohit.pbpurohit.pb Member Posts: 1
    Try to run the test database function if the testing is running sucssefully or not,, this is the problem with your data only..
  • NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    Found some problem when I run the test database.

"Wht entry does not exist. Entry No. 15. The From WHT Entry No. Field in the G/L Register table has table relationship to the entry no. field in bthe WHT Entry Table. G/L Register has the following identification fields and values. No. = 25."

I browsed the g/l register table. and found the said records. Many records have the value 15 in the From WHT Entry No. But Entry No. 15 in the WHT Entry does not exist. Why is this happening? have I done something wrong? As far as I can remember I did not do something with this tables.

I modified the test database and replace the said values to 0. And run the test again and proceeded. But when I post the payment.... again the error appears. I even used the cronus database and received the same error..

Please advice me for sollutions... Thanks in advance.
    Navision noob....
  • ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    search forum for "CONSISTENT function is used".