Posting Manual VAT Entries

kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
Hi,

I'm want to post an Invoice, but I want to manually tell the system the VAT Amount.

I create a line in the "Gen. Journal Line" with the following information:

"Account Type" := "Account Type"::"G/L Account";
"Account No." := XXX;
"Document Type" := "Document Type"::Invoice;
"VAT %" := 0;
Amount := 9999;
"VAT Amount" := 1;
"VAT Posting" := "VAT Posting"::"Manual VAT Entry";
"VAT Calculation Type" := "VAT Calculation Type"::"Normal VAT";
"VAT Base Amount" := 9999;
"Source Currency Amount" := 9999;
"Source Curr. VAT Base Amount" := 9999;
"Source Curr. VAT Amount" := 9999;

But... I get an INCOSISTENT message error.

Anyone knows what field do I have to fill to be able to post the line?

Thanks for your help
Salut!
Laura Nicolàs
Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.

Comments

• philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
    To insert a manual VAT amount you have 2 solutions:
    1/ have a specific line only for VAT (in which, the VAT posting Setup choosen has a VAT Calculation Type = Full VAT
    2/ Use the normal VAT Calculation but use the VAT difference field, for instance, if your normal VAT % is 10, but you want to have only 1 in VAT Amount, you must calculate the VAT difference between 1 and 10% of your VAT Base Amount. This is possible only if "Allow VAT Difference" is True in the Gen. Journal Batch you use.

Navision cannot accept an amount in VAT Amount if your VAT % is 0, this is, like you can see, inconsistent.
    My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
    But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Firstly is the invoice just for VAT ie you posted an order but forgot to include the VAT at time of its posting in which case is this invoice for a VAT amount only ?

To manually adjust VAT this is in the help

Manually Adjusting VAT Amounts in Sales and Purchase Documents
    The program automatically calculates the VAT using the customer's VAT Bus. Posting Group and the item's VAT Prod. Posting Group. However, you can also manually enter the VAT amounts, if the amount calculated by the program is slightly different to that calculated by your customer or vendor, for example, due to rounding. To manually enter VAT in sales documents you must:

In the General Ledger Setup window, specify a Max. VAT Difference Allowed between the amount calculated by the program and the manual amount.

In the Sales & Receivables Setup window, place a check mark in the Allow Vat Difference field.

To Adjust VAT for a Sales Document:
    Open the Sales Order window and browse to your sales order.

Press F9 to display the Sales Order Statistics window.

You can also modify this after posting.

Click the Invoicing tab.

The total VAT amount for the invoice, grouped by VAT identifier, is displayed in the lines. You can manually adjust the amount in the VAT Amount field on the lines for each VAT identifier. When you modify the VAT Amount field, the program checks to ensure that you have not changed the VAT by more than the amount you have specified as the maximum difference allowed.

If the amount is outside the range of the Max. VAT Difference Allowed, a warning will be displayed stating the maximum allowed difference. You will be unable to proceed until the amount is adjusted to within the acceptable parameters. Click OK and enter another VAT Amount that is within the allowed range.

If the VAT difference is equal to or lower than the maximum allowed, the VAT will be divided proportionally among the document lines that have the same VAT identifier.