Help on Table Box coding

slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 366
hi all

I need your valuable help on learning bit of coding here.

Table Involved:
1. Item
2. Item Ledger Entry

Task:
I am asked to display a table box with filtered set of records from Item Ledger. Very straight forward and I have created it.
But, the challenge is to add two or three fields from Item table to this list. eg. Item Description, Selling Price etc.

Code Help needed on:
1.How to combine fields from two related tables and showing them in a single tablebox?
2. How to display positive quantity in a seperate "Debit" column and negative quantity in another "Credit" column? Quantity is a field in Item Ledger Entry table.
3.How to disable the button (filter, table filter, show all etc) on the top parent window on for this tablebox?
4.How to create text box control which accepts a "date range". My one doesn't accept a range.

Thank you in advance for helping me out on this!

Maluwa
"A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) There are some ways you can use: FlowFields (lookup etc.) or just adding new editbox into the table and set the source expression to something like Item.Description. Than you just needs get the correct record into Item variable in OnAfterGetRecord and OnAfterGetCurrRecord.

2) You can add two edit boxes with same value and use the properties BlankNumbers for one to <BlankNeg> and second one to <BlankPos>. It will automatically show the value in one or other editbox.

3) You cannot. But you can set the filters in another filtergroup and user will be not able to remove them or change them. He will be able just add own filters.

4) You need to use Text variable to take the filter.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • shibilyshibily Member Posts: 89
    kine wrote:
    1) There are some ways you can use: FlowFields (lookup etc.) or just adding new editbox into the table and set the source expression to something like Item.Description. Than you just needs get the correct record into Item variable in OnAfterGetRecord and OnAfterGetCurrRecord.

2) You can add two edit boxes with same value and use the properties BlankNumbers for one to <BlankNeg> and second one to <BlankPos>. It will automatically show the value in one or other editbox.

3) You cannot. But you can set the filters in another filtergroup and user will be not able to remove them or change them. He will be able just add own filters.

4) You need to use Text variable to take the filter.

Hi i have the same issue . Can you explian how it can be achieved??

Thanks
    Shibily
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.