Unassigning users (AD groups) to a menu does not work

mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
I have Navision 5.0 Switzerland installation with SQL server 2005 and windows authentication. I assigned rights to AD groups and this works perfect.

Now I want to unassign menu's so each AD Groups only sees some menu's but this doesn't work. All menu's keep showing up in the menu of the AD users in this group.

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Have you tried this on any user to see if a single instance of this work ?

Also if you have these windows users allocated to a group etc have you tried taking the user groups out and assigning the user individually ?

There is no need to syncronize user afterward usually but it may be worth while doing this as i am only using a SQL login to test this with
  • mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
    Well it works with individual AD users but not with groups.
    This is not a good thing, so far for easy user management.
    It would be easy if users can access Navision and see the correct menu's, just because they are in an AD group.

Anybody any idea if I can fix this in some way without having to add all the users. Since users change a lot AD groups would be perfect for this.
    :(
  • mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
    Is there nobody that knows how to deal with this?

Do I really have to enter all AD users one by one?

I consider this as a bug; what purpose does it have to accept AD groups for the access if other things like assigning menu's don't work with AD groups only AD users?
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    mart1n0 wrote:
    Is there nobody that knows how to deal with this?

Do I really have to enter all AD users one by one?

I consider this as a bug; what purpose does it have to accept AD groups for the access if other things like assigning menu's don't work with AD groups only AD users?
    Yes you have to assigned indivdual users to menu's, you don't have to do the permission on the user, the AD group will still handle that, and yes it is a pain.

one thing though if you get really good with the permissions. it takes care of a lot of the menu problems, because if they don't have premission for objects on the menu, that don't see the menu.

but the general thing is to give access to reports ( dataitem report 0), so then they all see the payroll menu -- > reports, for example.

they may not be able to run a report, because they don't have permission for the underlying data. but the menu selection still shows.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    sorry forgot, you can also use the download

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=512

to make managing menus easier, not sure if it works with 5.0, but it should.