Business Analytics SP3 on SQL Server 2005

vantonvanton Member Posts: 15
Hi everybody, i have the following problem. I have setup up a navision 4 sp3 client on the server that i have the database of my company. The database is in SQL server 2005. I have make all i need to set up business analytics and when i started to run configurator (i have download from microsoft partenrsource the last configurator) it is said to me that i cannot connect to the SQL Server. I have started and stopped the services but nothing. I can connect to Navision with no problem, but the configurator says that ii cannot connect to SQL Server 2005. Please any help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to run the configurator on the server. It is searching for the MS SQL on Localhost if not changed by change of C/AL. And the DB for BA is created on Localgost too.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • vantonvanton Member Posts: 15
    Thanks mvp, but iam allready running the configurator in the same server, but nothing. I resolve this problem by changing user on Navision. The problem that i have now is that i Run the Configurator.exe that there is in the Navision SP3 CD to make configuration options about the ANT server and it is stack on the fourth step called Start Advanced Server Service. An of course it is never starting...when i am trying to run manually the service, after closing the form, it is said to me that the service has got as allready as many connections as the service can accept.....!!!!!!What is this now??????Any Help......?????
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I never saw such an error. I recommend to connect MS support.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • manishkutarmanishkutar Member Posts: 19
    Even I am getting this message. And even I have atached snapshot for this.

Manish Kutar,
    Senior Technical Consultant
    manishkutar@gmail.com