Correcting Gen. Prod. Posting Group of ordered item

dlauwersdlauwers Member Posts: 127
NAV 4.0 sp3 BE / SQL / W2003 / XP client

Hi,

I have the following problem.
We have purchased an Item, order has been made, accepted and invoiced and posted.

Now we saw that the Gen. Prod. Posting Group on an item was wrong. And that the costs have been put into the wrong G/L account. :cry:

We can set the Gen. Prod. Posting Group of that item to the correct one (Item card) without a problem, NAV does not complain.

But how do we correct the G/L to get the value from one account onto the correct one ? #-o
I think it has something to do with un-apply, but I don't know the correct procedure in NAV.

Could you guy's assist me please ?

Thanks for you help
Danny

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Create a credit memo by copying posted invoice. Post credit memo and you should have your problems solved. During posting credit memo I activate to active field Exact Costing Reverse to ensure that you selected corresponding item ledger entries.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    We can set the Gen. Prod. Posting Group of that item to the correct one (Item card) without a problem, NAV does not complain.

You can change it.

Another way would be make 2 General Journal Entries. One, taking the Amount out of the wrong g/l account and the 2nd putting the amount in the correct g/l account. Add in the Description some details on why you are making the entry so years later it will make sence.

But reversing the inv with a credit.
    Then changing the posting group.
    then create a new inv with all correct info.
    Does cover ALL BASES.
  • dlauwersdlauwers Member Posts: 127
    Thanks for your replies ! :D

I think I'll go for the Credit Memo, its more universal.

I was thinking in that direction, but I was not sure if it would apply for this case also. (And the customer always thinks that there is a one button undo, for cases like this :whistle: )

We do not have that many experience with NAV, so better check twice than messing up de complete database.

I guess when you post something wrong in invoice and G/L related stuff the Credit Memo is the best choise of correcting the problem.

Have a nice weekend !
    Danny
  • dlauwersdlauwers Member Posts: 127
    OK, I think I still have a problem...

First I checked with accounting and they are not happy that I would make a credit memo for this kind of corrections. Legaly a Credit Memo should have a Credit Memo Reference of the Vendor/Customer.

When you use the Credit Memo to fixes mistakes like:
      Wrong Pay-To Vendor entry Wrong Gen. Prod. Posting Group Error in entering anything in a posted document

Then you don't have the required Vendor Credit Memo No. and you have to enter some random something. But when you get a checkup by the authorities, they want to know and see what you have done and may not accept your way of doing so when this happens more often than a few times on one year.

I noticed the checkbox "Correction" on a Credit Memo, but the help is very limited on that field. Is this what I would use to make an internal correction due to some wrong input on a posted invoice ? What is the impact on the G/L accounts ?

Thanks for your replies :D
    Danny