Options

Navision - Native to SQL restore objects missing

poloniouspolonious Member Posts: 64
edited 2007-10-19 in SQL General
Hi. I've just done a restore from native to SQl 2005. It completed successfully, however there are only tables. There are no forms, codeuints, reports etc... Anyone got any ideas???

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Have you made a full backup or only data?
  • Options
    It was a full backup and the restore was a full restore also.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Go to object designer and select file..Import. Select the .fbk file. Which is the back file and import it.

In order to see the .fbk file make sure you change to *.* file.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    polonious wrote:
    It was a full backup and the restore was a full restore also.
    To also restore the objects and the company-independent tables, you MUST create a new DB and directly after it restore the DB. If you have a "dirty" DB, Navision will NOT restore objects and company-independent tables.
    If you take an existing DB and remove all companies/data/objects, it is still a "dirty" DB.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    sandhya2581sandhya2581 Member Posts: 3
    After you create database restore the backup file immediately, then create windows and database logins then synchronize logins.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help guys. I'll give those suggestions another go. Restore takes nearly a day, so i'll let you know how I get on asap.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    polonious wrote:
    Thanks for the help guys. I'll give those suggestions another go. Restore takes nearly a day, so i'll let you know how I get on asap.

If you read AND FOLLOW the advise given to you above, then it will only take 15 minutes, but if you want to waste a day then ... :oops:
    David Singleton