How to add/remove menu options in Navision - Getting lost.

dhahlendhahlen Member Posts: 14
Using Navision 4.0

I have done this previously and I should have taken some notes (ugh)

Basically we had a problem where a user could not access the object designer (it was greyed out). Even though they had the permissions, they could not open it.

The reason behind this was because they did not have access to the correct table or system table. Object designer corresponds to a specific table number, it 5xxx maybe 5088 or something like that, I recall it being five thousand and something. You had to dig around to get to the area where it would allow you to adjust menu items.

Say I wanted to block the "view" menu from a user.. there is a section somewhere which will allow me to do this but I cannot find it for the life of me.

Any help to point me in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Darren

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    To confirm what you are asking.
    You are asking on how to assign or remove a user from a menu in 4.x version.

Tools->Navision Pane Designer. Right click on any menu, and select assign User.
    A new window will open up and you can uncheck the users.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    Hi,

If you're talking about a secutiry role then use one of these

System 3510 View, Design
    System 5210 Tools, Object Designer

Hope this helps

Albert
  • dhahlendhahlen Member Posts: 14
    ara3n - I'm familiar with how to do this sorry for not being very clear, than ks for the reply though.

Albertvh - yes, that is what I am looking for, the system roles. How do I locate this? I am unable to find them. I can find the roles by going to Tools --> Security --> Roles, however this does not list a table number just the user groups (roles).

I have attached a picture of what I am trying to accomplish, thanks.

Please follow the link below

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/dh ... wtonav.jpg
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    dhahlen wrote:
    ara3n - I'm familiar with how to do this sorry for not being very clear, than ks for the reply though.

Albertvh - yes, that is what I am looking for, the system roles. How do I locate this? I am unable to find them. I can find the roles by going to Tools --> Security --> Roles, however this does not list a table number just the user groups (roles).

I have attached a picture of what I am trying to accomplish, thanks.

Please follow the link below

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/dh ... wtonav.jpg
    You'll most probably have to control the individual objects via the object permissions...those objects not give permissions will not be shown...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    Hi,

Ok you have to go this route

Tools -> Security -> Roles -> Role -> Permissions

You will find System functions there

Albert