%1 is not supported datatype

KosmosKosmos Member Posts: 58
Hey again,
I am trying to import account balances for Chart of Accounts.
No, Name, Type of account importing succesfully except account balances.
All accounts with balances occured in No. of Migration errors column. When I am trying to correct them manually, the system is saying <is not a suppoted datatype>.
Could you give me a hint how I can correct this error.
I will highly appreciate your respond.
Anna

Comments

• NavStudentNavStudent Member Posts: 399
    are you using RIM?

and why are you loading "No. of Migration "?
    my 2 cents
  • KosmosKosmos Member Posts: 58
    hi,
    I am using Excel mapping tool in Administration menu. Under No. I mean No. of Account.
    So as I said No. of Account, Name of Account, Type of Account importing successfully but balances not. After importing attempt, Data migtation application shows me that all accounts for which I specified balances are in Migration Error section. When I am trying to correct those accounts in "No. Migration Error" column, that is to enter amount manually, the system tells me that <is not a suppoted a datatype>.
    What can I do to import balances for accounts via Data Migration tool?
    Thank you in advance
    Anna
  • NavStudentNavStudent Member Posts: 399
    I don't know how much experience you have with navision.
    Hopefully you've done some user basic training on how to make journals.

The balance field in GL Account are flowfields. They are fields that are calculated at run time based on sum of entries in G/L Entry.
    This means that the actual balance is in G/L Entry. So you should not load the balance in G/L Account table.
    Before going off to write the records into the G/L Entry, you should note that customers cannot write into that table directly.
    So you might ask how do i write into the table?
    Well the answer is you make journal lines, and then you post them.
    So before going and writing the records into the gen. journal lines. I might suggest to load them into Standard Journals.
    There is a report that will move them from standard journal to regular journal.
    You might ask why? Well, because of all the business logic that has to run.

my 2 cents.
    my 2 cents
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Excel mapping tool is not able to import into fields with certain data type (e.g. DateFormula). May be you are trying to import something into such a field.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.