Intercompany functionality from Nav5 to Nav4

adamEthanadamEthan Member Posts: 104
Intercompany functionality has changed in version 5, and apparently some of the changes would greatly increase our productivity at my work.

We have many intercompany questions, and our implementer believes that upgrading to Version 5 would solve most of our problems ( except for buying FA's. )

We don't want to upgrade to 5 right now as we are under a lot of stress and pressure.

Is it possible to just take the version 5 I/C functionality / objects and just import them into our Ver 4 sp3?

Thanks

-Adam

Answers

• NavStudentNavStudent Member Posts: 399
    Is it possible to take the objects modified and move them to 4.0 Yes.
    The challange would be identifiying all the code and objects.

Testing will take time as well.

Then when you upgrade you'll have to omit those modifications.

I'm curious what functionality specifically increases your productivity?
    my 2 cents
  • adamEthanadamEthan Member Posts: 104
    Our database consists of about 6 various companies, including a consolidation company, and a "main" company where most of the purchasing is done.

As a result, we are often purchasing out of the main company yet trying to pass the data down to the various other companies.

This is fine when buying G/L or items, however fixed assets pose a problem. Currently we are having staff accountants creating MANY entries reclassing G/Ls between various eliminating accounts

It's a real PITA.

If it could be automated like it is supposed to allegedly be in 5.0 it'd save us a lot of time.. theproblem is we don't have the time or resources right now to upgrade to 5.0.

Thanks for the reply though!
    The only thing you can with 5.0 for purchasing is G/L accounts from main company and distributing it to other companies. Even then you have to go to outbound documents and send them, and switch to other company and accept them.

Also If you make changes to the document, I don't know if it sends the changes to other companies.

Nothing is automated in 5.0.

You are better off writting a modification.
    my 2 cents
    They basically chickened out, on implementing purchasing of intercompany items, FA and resources.
    So don’t buy into the marketing.
    my 2 cents
    Any recommendations on a modification?

Our implementer is.... heh.

No one seems to be able to solve the FA part of it
    Let me see if I can get this correct.

You are purchasing from main Company in order to do AP in a single company. So you are creating PO in Main company for you children company. The items FA are physically received in your children company.
    The children company own the inventory and the FA.
    The child company depreciates the FA or sales it.

If this is the case. Your process should be something like this.
    You Create the PO in Main Company. Create at the same time a SO selling the item,FA,GL to the child company.
    In Child company you create a PO agains the Parent Vendor.
    This whole things needs to be automated when the goods are received, to post two PO and one Sales Order.

waiting for your response.
    my 2 cents
    coincidentally we decided after my recommendation- to turn on purchasing in all of our companies.

we setup multiple bank accounts with our various banks and just are doing it that way. im unsure if its more work for the clerks or not, but it just seems like the best solution for now. thanks!