Quoting/Costing options for NAV

gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
Good Morning,

Currently our organization is quoting for jobs outside of NAV. Here are the steps:

-Quoting is performed outside of NAV using Excel (with exported NAV data).

-A formal quote is sent in PDF format to the customer.

-If accepted the order is entered into NAV.

I'm interested in any/all options in how I bring this process fully into NAV.

Any ideas on current NAV tools (we run 4.01), NAV tools available in future releases, 3rd party software?

Also, has anyone had success developing a system internally?

Thanks for any assistance in this matter!

Chris

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Nav has quotes built in - unless I'm mising something from your post?

and free PDF printer will create your pdf for you and/email it.

In nav once you create a quote and it's accepted - it's as easy as going to the quote and pressing "Make Order"

:?: :?:
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    Harry,

Thanks for the reply. Currently we use sales orders only in NAV.

The reason for not using quotes is that for contract jobs we have the following constraints:

-sourced raw materials that are not in the system...we order and set up the items in NAV after a quote has been accepted.

-large recipes with unique formulas - some recipies/BOMs have 50+ items, so it would not be too efficient to set up a BOM for a quote that may not be accepted.

-only a percentage of quotes are accepted and then converted into an order.

I'm hoping that there is some functionality/report that allows me to create a PDF quote without having to create the BOM 1st.

Has anyone out there had a similar issue?

Thanks - Chris
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi Chris

Presumably you do not create item numbers on the quote, therefore you could have a generic item number where you alter the description and price in Navision to get your quote value correct without the detail. Ultimately of course if you need the detail in Navision at some point you will need to key it, so just create the detail when it is accepted, alter the quote and convert it to a sales order.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen