Internal error 8 in module 24

pvarpvar Member Posts: 157
Hi,

I get the above error when trying to print the sales order. We have customized our print routine to print the details from the PBOM line table. I looked at the error list and I see the following description on the error

24-8 #Err_MT_RecordTooLong (Module_MT,8)

I think it's complaining about some record being too long and I have identified the record it's complaining about by running the debugger but don't know why it's too long.

Does anyone know more about this error and what could I do to rectify it?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    If you use RecRef or FieldRef in the report, then:
    Internal Error 8 in Module 24
    Module: 24 (MiniTree)
    Error code: 1572872
    Description: #Err_MT_RecordTooLong (Module_MT,8)

Possible reason:
    It indicates that you try to insert a textstring that is to long for the field.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • pvarpvar Member Posts: 157
    Actually the report stops at the GroupHeader section of Sales Line table and nothing gets assigned/printed to a text variable there and the only code on the OnPreSection is

CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT :=
    CurrReport.TOTALSCAUSEDBY = MiscSalesLine.FIELDNO("Document No.");
  • pvarpvar Member Posts: 157
    I found it!! It was actually an overflow error on a text variable that is printed on the report footer. But the debugger stopped on the group header of another dataitem!!

So that confirms that the internal error 8 is casued by an overflow error but it could be anywhere on your report, just spend few hours of digging and you will find it where it is.