Importing Excel into Navision

Demonic240Demonic240 Member Posts: 65
Is there a way to import excel documents into a Navision table? I tried downloading the UEI but we don't have permission to run that number range.

Comments

• MW59MW59 Member Posts: 85
    Save as *.csv and build a dataport?
    I despise animal testing. They get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
  • Demonic240Demonic240 Member Posts: 65
    Don't know how. It's in a .zip so you don't get the chance to change the type when downloading.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I'm pretty sure he ment save your Excel file as *.csv file
    and build a dataport in Navision to import the CSV file.

I think your talking about the Universal Excel Importer being in a zip file?
    has nothing to do with the answer.

next question is what table? and do you know how to make a dataport?
    I'm not exactly sure on the table yet. Though it will most likely be the employee table. And no, I don't know how to use dataports (haven't gotten that far in my book yet)
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    It's really not that hard at all - once you do your first one 8)

There is a whole chapter in the Application Designers Guide on it - plus you can ask when you get stuck here.

Even if I changed the forms on the Universal Excel Importer from 99991..99994 to 50081..50084 - you will still have trouble accessing the codeunit 99991. assuming your license will not allow you permission.

So the dataport is probably the easier way to go.

There is a Dataport Generator
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=360

But i'm sure you'll run into permission messages too. Plus making your own from scratch will only help you in the future. If you need to something similar again.
  • Igor_BeeoneIgor_Beeone Member Posts: 80
    Hello,
    You may use my example from a blog to extract file from zip archive or use 3rd party software for automatical unarchiving (if such needed), then use dataport if there is a csv file (read about dataports in your manual, it's simple, or write me file example, i will help you to solve it if i will have free time), if there is XLS file you may use Excel Table (Table No. 370) for importing entries or also use my example for quick import from excel this blog.
    Hope it helps.
    Br,
    Igor Beeone
    Thanks ya'll. I'll take a look at them later this afternoon.