Navision - Exchange calendar integration

lzrlzr Member Posts: 264
Anyone made any integration between navision and the Exchange calendar?

Or maybe using some other advanced calendar?
Navision developer

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Tjena

What version are you in and is your database setup for Windows authentification?

Yes i have seen this done , what are you trying to acheive out of this intergration though?

I believe we setup the System calender to use exchange so that users over a WAN would know what the local time on the system was so they would avoid posting entries during system processes.
  • sc00bysc00by Member Posts: 43
    Hi,

We built our own integration between Navision and MS Exchange as the Outlook integration didn't work the way we wanted :(

Our integration uses an ActiveX dll that is registered in a codeunit that uses the Redemption libraries to get past the Security Nagging that you will get otherwise! This was built to book appointments into shared Calendars in our "Public Folders" but could quite easily be used to put appointments into any folder. It also colour codes appointments by type, deletes cancelled appointments etc.

If you're interested in this, I can explain a bit more - let me know.

Best Regards,

Rob.
  • lzrlzr Member Posts: 264
    Thanks for your answers!

We have a customer asking for some kind of solution where he can book resources for a specific period in Nav (we already have that) and then it should be presented in an outlook calendar.

Is this possible?

If it's possible can it be reversed? An event comes from outlook triggering code in nav?
    Navision developer
  • sc00bysc00by Member Posts: 43
    Hi,

In our scenario, we push to Exchange.

You could reverse this and use say NAS to push data from Exchange back into Navision, however, if you were to have both methods running in the same environment then potentially you will get conflicts when both sources update the same linked appointment.

Unless you set up some strict rules regarding which source is the "Master" then I'd try to steer clear of this.

The "Redemption" librararies do expose a lot of Outlook and Exchange functionality so if this were your chosen method, it may be worth taking a look - http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/

HTH

Rob.