Install Business Notification on two servers!

GnovaldGnovald Member Posts: 67
I have a couple of questions and problems that I can't seem to find any solutions to. Maybe someone here at Mibuso has been through the same and can give me some input.

I have installed Business Notification on a new server that soon while be moved into the business production. During the testing period I got the Business Notification Manager to work with the sql Navision client. All other components are also installed on this one server.

My business are still using the native Navision client and the Navision database are located on a seperate server (a member server that is also running the Exchange server).

1. I was setting up Business Notification again, still on the new server, now a member server in the domain, while the business is still running Navision on the native database on another server, which I don't see as a problem. The only thing that I have done is to point the native alternative in the setup of Business Notification Manager to that server. Then I have connected BNM to the localhost server! Everything starts up ok, but there is a couple of error messages in the event viewer.

2. While troubleshooting this I have discovered that I don't have the BusinessNotificationMessageBus Web service installed on the server! Why is that one missing?

Thanks!

/Andreas

Message one from Event Viewer:

The following exception occured when trying to send out notification email: The transport failed to connect to the server.
at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args)
at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message)
at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message)
at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.BusinessNotification.NotificationService.SmtpDeliveryProtocol.SendSmtpEmail(String senderEmail, String recipientEmail, String subject, String body, String culture) Please make sure that you have configured your SMTP server correctly, and this machine can relay emails through that server, and that the there are no misspellings in the name (IP address) of your SMTP server you have specified.

Message two from Event Viewer:
A delivery failure was reported.
EventParameters:
Distributor ID: 1
Distributor Name: 02-TGELEKTRO
Delivery Channel Name: SMTPNotificationChannel
Notification ID: 1801
Notification Class Name: NotificationsOfScheme365b3006_d5b6_4217_9677_723066b58a10
Notification Status Info:
Notification Text:
Notification Sent Time: 10/15/2007 09:32:51

InstanceName: BusinessNotificationInstance
ApplicationName: MBSBN
Component: Distributor
ComponentDetails: DistributorName: 02-TGELEKTRO
Thread: 4

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Check if the correct SMTP server is specified in the .config file.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • GnovaldGnovald Member Posts: 67
    kine wrote:
    Check if the correct SMTP server is specified in the .config file.

I have checked, but as far as I can see there is the correct name!

<add key="SmtpServer" value="exchange.local"/>

Should it be with the .local ending? Or maybe it need to be with the whole domain name?

Thanks for the input!

/Andreas
    I noted just now that I am missing the two services, that should have been installed with Business Notification Manager!

/Andreas
    I found out that if I install Business Notification Manager with the local administrator one service will be installed - the service "NS$BusinessNotificationInstance". But I have understood as there should also be another service installed, something with "MessageBus Web service"! Or have I jsut misunderstood it and the sevice is really one of the websites in IIS (which have a similar name).

/Andreas