Routing --> How to define man and machine ?

s_venkatesh78s_venkatesh78 Member Posts: 97
Dear Nav Users,

I have the following production scenario.

Raw material C is first processed in Machine 1 which is operated by operator 1 (Total cycle time for machine 1 which is operated by operator 1 is 2 hours). Then the output of machine 1 is taken in to Machine 2 which is operated by operator 2 (Total cycle time of machine 2 operated by operator 2 is 3 hours). How to define this in the routing lines ? with machine 1 in first line / operator 1 in the second line / machine 2 in the third line / operator 2 in the fourth line.

In the above case what will be the run time of each line ? how to divide the cycle time between the machine and operator ? because Machine 1 and operator 1 are parallel where as machine 1 - operator 1 and machine 2 - operator 2 combination is seriel.

In the above scenario the cost of machine 1 and operator 1 is different.

I wish to handle the above scenario only with work centers and not with machine centres.

Can any one tell me how to define this scenario in routing ?

Line 1 : Machine 1 2 hours
Line 2 : Operator 1 ??

Line 3 : Machine 2 3 hours
Line 4 : Operator 2 ??

Regards,
Venkatesh
Thanks and Regards,
Venkatesh

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

Create a parallel route and use the next operation to define where it is going. You need a starting operation where the next operation is the machine AND the person. The timings depend upon whether the operative is there for the full running time or not.

Why can you not use machine centres?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • s_venkatesh78s_venkatesh78 Member Posts: 97
    Hi,

It exactly works fine. I got the same answer from someone else who send me the mail directly to my mail id.

By the way i was not able to use the machine centers because of some licensing issues.

Thanks for the information.

Regards,
    Venkatesh
    Thanks and Regards,
    Venkatesh