Why navision is not doing like this

ameenameen Member Posts: 217
Hi Guru's,

I am very curious to know about navision day by day.
I created one sales order and post (ship and invoice). Then i noticed that was wrong. I used a credit memo then the transaction got reverse.
My issue is when i use credit memo it is doing reverse transaction in ledger entries. Why doesnot it delete the first transaction instead of reversal.
If u are using a book to enter transaction then it is not possible to rub that transaction.
Navision is not book , it is a great soft ware.In system u can delete automatically.
Why developers didnot written programm like to delete firt transaction if we use creditmemo.
Of course i know once u post sales order many tables will reflect.
even in that tables data should also delete if i use credit memo.
I am Talking about Ledger entries, excise entr5ies, vat entries.......
I am very curious to know this issue.
I hope u can understand my issue.
Is there any audit issue.:-k

thanks
ameen

Comments

• cnicolacnicola Member Posts: 181
    Wow this question is so wrong in so many ways :evil:

The point of an accouting system is to keep an audit trail of everything that happens. What if you posted the order and actually shipped it and the client returned it since they do not want it anymore (or did not like it). What should the credit memo do in that case?
    Apathy is on the rise but nobody seems to care.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    remember in the old days you had two types of writing material to write in the book.
    A pencil, and a pen. You could erase with the pencil, but you could not erase with a pen. Writing with the pen meant posting the transaction.

The same process applies in navision. You can create orders and delete them. Same as writing with a pencil. Once you've posted the order, you are writing with the pen.

It is for auditing reasons that you don't want to delete the transactions.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • andrejsmandrejsm Member Posts: 122
    Auditing and pen, It's all true, but why it's not like in Fixed asset module? If you undo Fixed asset ledger entry, then both original and storno entry are hidden, but you can watch them if you need.
    Andrejs Muraskins
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Credit memos were not designed to be a way to fix a mistake, there are there to issue credit to a customer because he/she has returned something.
  • andrejsmandrejsm Member Posts: 122
    Yes, but there are checkmark CORRECTION?! so why not to hide corrections?

And if credit memos were not designed to be a way to fix a mistake, then one more question - WHY there are no error correction technology?
    Andrejs Muraskins
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Oh but there is error correction technology...
    It's just waiting for you to customize :)
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ara3n wrote:
    The same process applies in navision. You can create orders and delete them. Same as writing with a pencil. Once you've posted the order, you are writing with the pen. ...

That's a very good analogy.

Ameen your issue here is that you need to understand the business reason for this, NOT the programming issue.
    David Singleton