Error connection to Business Notification Mananger

GnovaldGnovald Member Posts: 67
After a few minutes reading about what the different schemes are doing I got it working. Now Navision is happily sending emails to a test user, both on the domain and a external test user.

But I have a new problem!

I was going to connect BN to the actual working production database, but now I receive a error message reading

"The program cannot connect to the server SERVERNAME. Please check that the server is started and that the server supports the selected type of connection...".

As far as I can see everything is set up properly, the only difference is that I have switched from the sql navision client to the native navision client (the production database is not yet moved to sql, due to some other project and limits).

The database itself is located on a different server on the network.

In Navision there was an error in the setup of BN, after looking around I noted that the table "Property Store" was empty, I copied the two lines (see below) from the test database into the production database.

BN_MessageBusUrl_0 http://02-TGELEKTRO/BusinessNotificatio ... rvice.asmx
BN_PublishRetryTime_0 10000

BN is working fine in Navision but the BNM will not connect to the server!

/Andreas

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) You need run correct Application server (NAS.EXE for Native NASSQL.EXE for SQL). It seems that the application server is not running correctly. Check the Event Log on the server.
    2) If the NAS is running correctly, the table will be filled with correct values automatically, If it wasn't, something is wrong, and it is in NAS.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.