Cash rec. journal lines being replaced?

jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
hello,
we are now running nav 4 sp3, but were also having the same sporadic problem with sp1.

A user is working in a cash receipts journal. they enter X number of lines as usual. All of a sudden, the screen will 'flash' and all X number of lines are replaced with the same journal line over and over.

example.
before glitch:
Line Posting Date Customer Amount
1 10/9/07 123 -$100.00
2 10/9/07 456 -$250.00
3 10/9/07 789 -$425.00

after glitch:
Line Posting Date Customer Amount
1 10/9/07 123 -$100.00
2 10/9/07 123 -$100.00
3 10/9/07 123 -$100.00

the user then deletes all the lines and starts over.

i guess it has happened to the user 3 times this morning already, and i cannot recreate the error. this never happened when we were in 3.6, and started happening last year when we up'd to 4.0 sp1. it happens seemingly randomly.

any advise or theories are appreciated in advance.

thank you!
kind of fell into this...

Answers

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    We don't get that problem in the exact same place, but we do get it. Usually it involves something in the warehouse. Items will still be allocated to orders and show as allocated, but you won't be able to go to the order and see them. I always figured it was a bug that someone introduced into the system (we are very highly customized.)

Some things that might help:

Are you on SQL?
    How customized are you?
    Does it happen only on one computer?
    Does it happen only to one user?

If you have someone else that processes CRJs switch them to this computer and see if anything happens.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    If I were going to screw with someone's mind, and I wanted to do this, I would run a non-printing report in the job schedular that would run and update the lines.

Now it is highly unlikely anything like that has happened, but you could have something in the job schedular that is written poorly and causing the problem. I am not a developer either so they can probably give you some other ideas of what could cause it.
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    thanks for the responses.

we don't have job scheduler running, so i don't think it would be that.

i have asked them to try a different machine, because it does seem to happen most frequently with a specific user/terminal. the fact that it is seemingly random makes it hard to pin down. i cannot find what is triggering the issue!

hmm. thanks again!
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    I think I'd turn on client monitor and wait for it to happen again. When it does, you can see what is going on.
    matttrax wrote:
    Some things that might help:

Are you on SQL?
    How customized are you?
    Does it happen only on one computer?
    Does it happen only to one user?

If you have someone else that processes CRJs switch them to this computer and see if anything happens.
    not on SQL.
    highly customized - although i'm not sure how much work was ever done to the CRJ

it has happened on multiple machines and for multiple users - but seems primarily centered around 1 person (because they do 90% of the processing)
    DenSter wrote:
    I think I'd turn on client monitor and wait for it to happen again. When it does, you can see what is going on.

the best i can do is code coverage - our license doesn't allow client monitor! not sure code coverage will help either... //needle in a haystack.
    i've marked this solved - it took a stroke of luck (we were finally able to make the error happen on demand and watch through code coverage). Turns out some obsolete code from a bad mod we had in 3.6 was getting called under certain conditions. our reseller had taken some of this bad mod out when we upgraded to 4.0 but apparently missed this.

thanks for the suggestions.