line discount(Indian Process)- Navision Different

reemareema Member Posts: 255
Hi,
Every indian firm is following this is process.
The Line discount caluclation is differnt to navision.
I want to give line discount to a customer 10000.
So In line discount form i had given like this
Sales code Item MiniQty Line Discount Starting Date Ending Date
10000 1000 10 50 % 06/01/07 07/01/07

Total amount = 1000 INR
after line Discoutnt Total amount = 500 INR
So Cust 10000 Placed order for that item On 06/02/07.
Firm shipped that item on 06/03/07. Invoiced on 06/04/07. In that invoice Firm mentioned regarding sales line discount %.
Cust received sales invoice and ready to pay On 06/08/07 , Amount 1000 INR.
Customer Paid 1000 INR.( He did not get line discount at this stage , Because Ending date is 07/01/07. )
After 07/01/07 Customer will raise credit memo for invoice discount 500 INR. ten Firm will also raise creditmemo 500 INR ( to give line discount to customer).

So the meaning is In sales invoice report just they give the line discount .
But Customer will get the line discount after ending date of line discount that is 07/01/07.

So How to solve this problem in navision.
I know how navision can give line discount. At the time of invoice it post to G/L accounts.

Please Help........... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
reema

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Well there are different ways of giving the line discount. It all depends on the bussiness requirement.

As far as I know Navision handles 2 categories of discount :
    a) Trade Discount b) Payment Discount

Trade discount is further divided into 2 categories i.e. Line Discount and Invoice Discount. Trade discount by its very nature are allowed and mentioned in the Invoice and this is a standard practice in Local and International market. Therefore Navision also do the same.

Your's case is a sort of quantity discount which is given by the seller if buyer purchases a given qty in a given period. The debit/credit note is generated after the period ends. Navision does not provide the same. You can generate the reports from the Navision for Customer/Item/Period relation and then the user can post the discount manually. If automation is required then the same needs to be customized.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    Thank U S Singla,

You can generate the reports from the Navision for Customer/Item/Period relation and then the user can post the discount manually.

I could not understand u r suggestion what u have written above.
    Could u elaborate this issue.
    If it need any customization what is process . Give some functional suggestions to do customisation.

thanks and regards
    reema
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    If you decide on the customization then You need 2 table, few forms and few modifications to the standard.
    First table will give the design of the scheme i.e.
    a) The applicable customers (Customer No. , Customer posting Group, Customer Dimension etc as required by the client)
    b) The applicable items (Item No., Inventory posting group, Item Category Code, Product Group Code, Item Dimension)
    c) Start Date and End Date
    d) Discount %

Prepare a batch report which will use the Sale Invoice (Header and Line Table) and Sales Credit Memo (Header and Line) to insert record for the net sales to the customer during the period and calculate the eligible discount. Insert the lines in the Credit Note and post. On every sales return check whether any discount has been given for the sales, if yes then pass the reversal entry.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    If the order date falls between the starting date and ending date of the Purchase Line Discount Table, and if the conditions for quantity are satisfied, you can see the the discounts are already calculated.

I have tried your scenario, and its working fine.

Let us confirm where actually the issue is by checking once again.
    Regards,

Deep
    India