Developer's Toolkit problem - Key Size(?)

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
hi everyone,
I am creating a sql 2005 db for the toolkit (last version).
when I try to open the db a message occurs:
"the fields in an active key may not exceed 252 bytes. the size of the type, company name,id key fields in the object table is 260 bytes.You must reduce the number or lenght of th active fields".

How can I handle this?toolkit is integrated with sql 2005?

thanks in advance
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Comments

• anuragatishanuragatish Member Posts: 48
    why do u want to create a sql database...

for toolkit you can create a new native database also and import toolkit fob's to use it there..
    Anurag atish
    Navision Technical Consultant
    Bangalore
    anurag.atish@yahoo.com
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    I have to store about 5 db version and sql is faster...with native db every time i try to show the details of an obj during comparison, it takes about 1 minute...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    nobody can help me?
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    I have to ask you this thing another time, because i have no idea about how to solve this...
    i created the db with nav 4.03 - sql2005.

P.S.: i don't want to upgrade the toolkit to the newer version until it's really stable :mrgreen:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    THIS BAS***D!!!!
    excuse me for this anger, but it can't be possible!!!i checked everything!sql, nav table number 200000001
    i have 2 integers and 1 tex30 fields for the PK!no more, no less...i also tried to modify object table from sql...i failed, obviously...please help me...if you don't want me to become crazy ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • urpokurpok Member Posts: 23
    According to Developers toolkit home page...
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer's Toolkit Being Discontinued as of October 1, 2011
    Microsoft ended support for the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer's Toolkit (NDT) in January 2010. Accordingly, Microsoft has decided to discontinue sale of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer’s toolkit -Source Analyzer and Developer’s Toolkit – Compare & Merge modules to customers via the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Price list and SPLA effective October 1, 2011.

Better just forget this pile of ...
    "There is no spoon."
    --Matrix

https://navurpo.blogspot.com/?view=classic