mail merge with style sheet tool generated style sheets

mr82mr82 Member Posts: 4
Hi to everybody,

I´ve created some Style Sheets with the Style Sheet Tool from the download section. It works without problems.

Now I´m marking more than one record or line in the list view of a table. After that I click on the "Send-To"-Button in standard navision toolbar and selcet a style sheet, created by myself. All I get after this click is a document with only one of these records. I´d like to have a document for every marked record I`ve selected.

How can I code this mail merge functionality. Are there any ideas?

Best regards

Martin

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    I think the only thing you can try is first click "Marked only", and then export. But after reviewing the user manual, there is no explanation whatsoever about marking records.

What you could do is build your filter (max 1024 chars!), filter first, then send it ... .

To build a filter, there is some nice code you could use. See the function "GetSelectionFilter" in the Item List form (form 31).

Where you should put it, I don't know. That needs some further investigation.

Hope this helps...

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • mr82mr82 Member Posts: 4
    In that way I`ve thought, too.

By analysing the positon I`ve the problem, because there is no right position, while the data are packed into XML-automations I must take apart the DataXML-structure.
  • BromannBromann Member Posts: 10
    Not quite sure what your problem is . . .

If you have a list and you only want to export part of the list ( - remember - it's a screen scrape that the system does . . .) then just filter your view on the screen

You of course have to have created a table with the "multi-line begin/end" around in the mail merge doc for it to create a list.

If it's because you want to have multiple documents created based on a list - e.g. a customer list with 20 customer record that then with a single click generates 20 different customer letters then that's not possible with the export-to-word functionality, since it's designed fundamentality to generate one document.
  • mr82mr82 Member Posts: 4
    Bromann wrote:
    If it's because you want to have multiple documents created based on a list - e.g. a customer list with 20 customer record that then with a single click generates 20 different customer letters then that's not possible with the export-to-word functionality, since it's designed fundamentality to generate one document.

And in this way I want to generate documents. Now I must regognize that it`s not possible with this functionality.

THX for your help.