Report Options Form lookup on record variable

FishermanFisherman Member Posts: 456
When using the Request form in reports, is there a way to add a lookup to the form using a global record variable in the report.

I want to lookup to the Unit of Measure table on the Request form without including it as a report data item. I've added a textbox, set it's SourceExpr to the the field name in the global record variable using a RECORD.FIELD format, and I've used form 209 (Units of Measure) in the LookupFormID property. Am I missing something? Do I need to use a custom request form?

[EDIT] - Need to clear things up a little bit. I meant using the Request Options form.

Comments

• willywilly Member Posts: 67
    Hi! If i understood you correctly, here is what you have to do.

create a variabel that you will use to keep the value from the UOM table.
    create a textbox in the request form. set the SourceExpr = your variable.
    the next thing you should do is to se the property TableRelation to "unit of measure".

you don't need to use the lookupform because this is already put on the "unit of measure table".
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And if the table relation is not enough for you, you can define the OnLookup trigger for every edit box you add to the request form. In this case you can filter the lookup based on another value entered in another variable etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.