Restore fbk from SQL DB to natvie db error

Murray9046Murray9046 Member Posts: 30
Has anyone had any trouble importing an fbk made from an SQL database into a Navision database? It starts to run and then comes up with an error message that it can't find the fbk. It seems to be adding 1 digit to the name of my file- I import 100907.fbk and it comes back and says it can't find 100908.fbk. Any ideas?

Comments

• Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    Your backup must be in two parts. It's looking for the second part.
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Navision client during backup splits backup’s files if a file reaches 2G. I don't remember exactly file size.

Check if there is a missing file.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Yes...this is a common problem that have encountered, actually you have 2 fbk files, while restoring the database do select the first part of the fb for restoring the database to either NAV/SQL. Do ensure that while restoration, keep both the fbk files in the same folder.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • Murray9046Murray9046 Member Posts: 30
    Thank you everyone for your input. I looked for a second fbk and the system cannot find one. The backup is only 913MB. Other ideas? or something I am missing?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Than it is possible that the file is not complete and restore process is at the end of file earlier than complete backup is restored.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    I'd personally create a new backup file, just to be sure, and I would have the file name not end with a numeric character. So instead of 'backup 1008.fbk', I would call it '1008 backup.fbk'
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I am afraid that it will be incremented too. If there is number in the name, the number will be incremented (e.g. date in name). It is better tu name id like "20071011 backup 00.fbk" and in this case I hope that it will increment the second no and not the first (else just swap the numbers...). It seems that NAV is using STRINC internally to increment the number.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.