Newpage and transfooter

Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
Is it possible to make transfooter print when starting a new page by using CurrReport.NEWPAGE function in the OnPostSection trigger
Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
Dynamics NAV Developer since 2005

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    OnPOstSection of which section? Check the Workflow diagram of the report processing and check, if the NewPage is called before the TransFooter is processed.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
    OnPostSection trigger of a Body section.
    What I try to do exactly is to print an invoice document with some number of lines which my user will be able to determine before printing the report.
    My user whats to see 23 lines in one of its invoice but 24 or 25 or 20 lines in another. I can let him (her) select the number of lines in the request form, and my solution works as I want. But I'm not able to print the transfooters. As Application Designers Guide p.595 shows, transfooter is printed before the OnPostSection trigger is called. OnPreSection trigger is called, some space calculations are made; if there is no room; NewPage is called but internally. At this point NAV handles the situation somehow but how. How can I interfere this process?
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
  • Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
    edited 2007-10-10
    !This was a double post!
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You cannot change the process. You can change the point where the NewPage is called. You need to call it as soon as you know that you need it. E.g. in OnAfterGetRecord.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.