Busines Analytics:configurator error

SavithaSavitha Member Posts: 56
Hi,
I have installed business analytics basics on machine with SQl 2005 and nav4.0.configurator was successfully run and could also extract data to excel.
but when i created a new cube and tried to run the configurator once again, getting an error while it creates the SQL server database.
as per one of the replies in forum i tried to delete the analysis database but it doesnt allow to do that.
and sometimes when creating the analysis service the configurator closes saying there was some problem and it needs to close.
can anybody help me...

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    if older configurators are used, sometimes you need to stom ANT server service to be able to remove the DB. And sometime you need to start it manually after database is created...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • SavithaSavitha Member Posts: 56
    Hi,

I could sucessfully create 1 cube after a fresh installation and also extarct data onto excel and business analytics advanced client but when any data is updated in the table it doesn't get automatically updated so i think i need to run the configurator again.
    If i try to do that there is an error while creating SQL server DB.
    Unable to drop BA for Navision

I tried to delete the analysis database after stopping the ANT Server but it says unable to delete on standard edition

can anyone help me
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Please, Savitha, stop posting your problem again and again. It will not help you. If somebody knows the answer or how to solve it, he will answer you. If there is no response, nobody knows and nobody has tip for you. Try to ask Microsoft directly through Service incident.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • kishi_gkishi_g Member Posts: 162
    You first detach the database in sql server. after that u restart the run configurator in emp portal. i tried in sql server 2000. i dont have any prblm.

Thanks & Regards,
    kishore.
  • SavithaSavitha Member Posts: 56
    Hi,

can you describe the step what you have written. I am unable to understand why you have mentioned about employee portal and which database to detach from the server