Sales Price & UOM

lallylally Member Posts: 323
Hi to everybody,

I have a sale item . Price = 100 INR UOM = KG
Now i want to sale item in grams like 100 GM, 200 Gm, 300 GM,
400 Gm, 500 GM,..............
How to define In item card. How the unit price will caluclate according to these measurements.

I really would appreciate if someone can help me with this.
lally

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Reading the manual would be the first step.

The Base UOM is the keystone and represents 1 and UOMs below that are usualy a ratio division of this, However if selling prices chould not be in a ratio format then look at Sales > Sales prices tab where you can setup Sales by individual UOMs

This should give you what you need
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You enter the price based on your base unit of measure.

On sales order when you change to other unit of measure, navision does the conversion.

Just try it.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    Thank U jannestig,

I hope u did not understand my question properly.
    Sales price tab is not the correct solution.

If i assigned some unit price in item card . When i select 200 Gm
    automatically unit price has to update for 200 gm.
    And how to define 100 , 200 , 300... Gm In UNit of measure function In item card.

thanks and regards
    lally
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    The price should be updated based on the relationship between the two quantities.

For example, you have an item with a base unit of KG and a price of $100. You setup another unit of measure for that item called G for grams, and a quantity of 0.001. This is because if you multiply 0.001 * 1000 you get 1, which is the quantity in your base unit of measure. Now when you sell the item in grams it should do the price conversion for you. If not it's simple code to multiply. The formula is (quantity * gram_uom_quantity) / kg_uom_quantity * price.

Let me know if you have any questions
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    If I understand u correctly you require multiple UOM for sales and the sales price of different UOM is not directly related i.e. if sales price of 1kg is INR 100 then the price of 100 Gms may not be INR 10 (INR 100/1000 gms * 100 gms).

If I am correct then you need to define the multiple UOM and then in the Sales Price option/table define the different prices as per different UOM's.

You can define mutilple rates for an item based on different UOM's.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • ajaykt_2000ajaykt_2000 Member Posts: 81
    ssingla wrote:
    If I understand u correctly you require multiple UOM for sales and the sales price of different UOM is not directly related i.e. if sales price of 1kg is INR 100 then the price of 100 Gms may not be INR 10 (INR 100/1000 gms * 100 gms).

If I am correct then you need to define the multiple UOM and then in the Sales Price option/table define the different prices as per different UOM's.

You can define mutilple rates for an item based on different UOM's.

you just open item card for different packing eg for 100gm,200gm,300gm,400gm and 500gm you may open 5 item card if sale price of 1kg is INR 100 then the price of 100 Gms may not be INR 10.
    ajay k tripathi
    Functional Consultants
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    ajaykt_2000 wrote
    you just open item card for different packing eg for 100gm,200gm,300gm,400gm and 500gm you may open 5 item card if sale price of 1kg is INR 100 then the price of 100 Gms may not be INR 10.

If you want to do your analysis on different UOM then you should open different item cards as analysis by dimension and analysis report will give you report by Base UOM and also most of the standard reports of Navision runs with Base UOM else go for single item and multiple UOM's.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in