Purchase invoice [PROBLEM]

p_vikas_goudp_vikas_goud Member Posts: 16
Hi experts,

I started posting a purchase a Purchase invoice, after filling Type,
No,Location,Quantity, I gave Direct unit cost in decimals(something like
12.3694), it was not accepting more than two decimals, later I changed
the properties of decimal places of that field and it was accepting.

My problem started with Line amount, it is rounding of the amount to the nearest value, I changed the properties of decimals places,worked with Auto format type/expr, I made changes in the general ledger setup invoice rounding precision/type, even checked invoice rounding option in Purchasable and payables setup, it is not working

Is there any way that amount in the Line amount should not be rounded?

The exact amount with four decimals should be printed.
goood

Comments

• cnicolacnicola Member Posts: 181
    Hi,

The amount from the invoice gets posted to G/L as well. So while you can have a price with 10 decimals the final amount should be an amount that makes business sense.

Normally you count your money in dollars and cents (or rupies and whatever else you guys have :D ). So you cannot have in G/L 12.3694 since that will not make any sense. Also not sure how you will pay your vendor 12.3694 dollars / rupies.

Just a tought.
    Apathy is on the rise but nobody seems to care.
  • p_vikas_goudp_vikas_goud Member Posts: 16
    cnicola wrote:
    Hi,

The amount from the invoice gets posted to G/L as well. So while you can have a price with 10 decimals the final amount should be an amount that makes business sense.

Normally you count your money in dollars and cents (or rupies and whatever else you guys have :D ). So you cannot have in G/L 12.3694 since that will not make any sense. Also not sure how you will pay your vendor 12.3694 dollars / rupies.

Just a tought.

Hi cnicola,

You made a very good statement, but I want to know where the amount is rounded off. Even the amount rounded is going to some account, but what is happening internally, I am a bit curious to know. :-k
    goood
  • cnicolacnicola Member Posts: 181
    I am not sure I follow your question.
    The rounding calculation happens within the Purchase Line validation (from a coding perspective).
    Apathy is on the rise but nobody seems to care.