Open Navision Database from Shortcut Navision Client Icon

aquariousaquarious Member Posts: 32
Hi,

I was wondering is there possible i could Create Shortcut Navision Client Icon which will open up to a specific database?

My problem is I have a few different database each time i open different database the next time when i click onto the Navision Client it will store the memory of the last previous database that i open.

I would like to create an Shortcut Navision Client Icon which will open up just one specified database. Is it possible to be acheived? What code behind i need to add in Navision? Please advice. Thank you in advanced.

Comments

• NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    My way of doing this is to create services for each database (each services eat your machine resources). Then create a shortcut of the fin.exe of navision, open its properties. In the start in field add this ;servername=YourDatabaseServicesName.
    Navision noob....
  • Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    aquarious wrote:
    I would like to create an Shortcut Navision Client Icon which will open up just one specified database. Is it possible to be acheived? What code behind i need to add in Navision? Please advice. Thank you in advanced.

Yes, this is possible. All you need to do is modify the Target field of your shortcut, adding the Database program property:

database=[path to your database]

Or, if your database is running under a NAV server, specify the Servername property:

servername=[nav servername]

You can read more about program properties etc. in the Installation & System Management document (w1w1ism.pdf)
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV
  • aquariousaquarious Member Posts: 32
    Hi NaviDev,

Unfortunately its just a local database sitting in my local drive for presentation purpose so I did not need to create services. Thank you for you opinion/suggestion and idea
  • aquariousaquarious Member Posts: 32
    Hi Revolution1210,

The first way work, Thank you. Now i safe the hassle to browse the database all the time