NAV 4.0 SP3 - CFRONT - Vista

NyxNyx Member Posts: 10
Hi all,

I've developed an Outlook plugin, which saves one or more emails in Navision for a certain customer, contact, item, job, ... (whatever). I've developed it with VSTO en C#.NET 2.0 as an integrated Outlook Addin.

The plugin uses a NavisionManagement class which calls the CFRONT.DLL or CFRONTSQL.DLL, depending on the datasource type. The plugin is finished and works perfectly on XP machines, in Outlook 2003 and even Outlook 2007!

Now I need to port this plugin to a Windows Vista machine. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0 SP3 is already installed and fully functional. On XP machines, all I need to do is copy the CFRONT.DLL and CFRONTSQL.DLL to the client folder and call these DLL's from my plugin, but when I do this on a Vista PC I get an error.

The strange part is it's not always the same error. I got 2 test pc,

on 1 pc I get an error whilst loading the CFRONT.DLL. (No Execution rights for C\Front System). I've already changed the rights for the dll's.

On the other PC i get an error whilst saving data to Navision. It shows a totally irrellavant error.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Check the application permissions in Microsof .NET 2.0 configurator (Runtime Security Policy). For more info search the net.
    2) Try to run the Outlook in admin mode.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Igor_BeeoneIgor_Beeone Member Posts: 80
    Hello,
    If UAC (user access control) is enabled, try to disable it and then try again.
    Br,
    Igor Beeone
  • NyxNyx Member Posts: 10
    There is a quite simple solution. Simply copy a navision licention with CFRONT rights into the directory of your cfront.dll. 8-[