Options

Trace flag 4616 Error

rutuja_sarafrutuja_saraf Member Posts: 11
edited 2008-03-12 in SQL General
Frens i m getting a error which says

" The Trace flag 4616 is not set on the server DT363. You must set this flag and restart the server before you can connect using Microsoft Dynamics NAV".

I have 5.0 Executables and when i m trying to create new DB through SQL option it Says so.
Rutuja Saraf
Associate Consultant
HCL Technologies

Comments

• Options
    strykstryk Member Posts: 645
    Hi!

You have to add a Traceflag to the Startup-Parameters: -T4616
    PLease refer to the "Installation and System Management (SQL)" document (Chapter 1.7) for details.

Regards,
    Jörg
    Jörg A. Stryk (MVP - Dynamics NAV)
    NAV/SQL Performance Optimization & Troubleshooting
    STRYK System Improvement
    The Blog - The Book - The Tool
  • Options
    gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
    go to sql sever 2005 configuration manager-> right click on mssql service->properties and go to the startup parameter field ->if you have selected complete install from Nav 5.0 CD it you will find this -T4616 in the startup parameter->just give a space between -T and 4616 (ie -T 4616 not -T4616)and restart the mssql service
    Regards,

GD
  • Options
    jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    Check out section 1.7 in w1w1isql.pdf that is in the Doc folder of the Navision 5.0 instllation CD/Download. It provides step by step instructions on how to install & configure Navision 5.0 on SQL with screen shots.

As an aside: this is definately one thing that has really improved since MS has taken over the Navision product...the amount and quality of the documentation has really increased.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from Navision forum to SQL General forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
    Might not be relevant, but why you have to use "-T 4616" on the command line parameter on the system management - service if you have to use the "-T4616" (notice no space between -T and numbers) on the Sequal server properties on the startup parameter line?
    K.S.
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    The command line is to "upload" or "start" the trace flag immediately.
    If you want it to be started when you start SQL Server (in case of a server reboot for example), you have to add it in the startup parameters.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog