Sales Order

Navi_LearnerNavi_Learner Member Posts: 356
Does anyone know how to change (Qty Shipped Out Invoiced) field to zero. In the sales line table normally this field should be zero, but when we have backup orders, this field is filled with numbers. But that's the probelm, we cannot delete the sales order because of this. Any idea? Appreciate it!

Comments

• Navi_LearnerNavi_Learner Member Posts: 356
    Sorry! It should be Qty Shipped Not Invoiced
    Even if it is invoiced, this order still stays there.
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    r u invoicing the Order from Sales Invoice granule.

invoice the order from Sales Order granule itself.
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Darshanm wrote
    r u invoicing the Order from Sales Invoice granule.

invoice the order from Sales Order granule itself.

It does not matter whether you invoice directly from the sales order or you use the "get receipt line" function in the invoice form, the quantity in the sales order is always updated.

Have you customized anything in the sale order or sale posting routine?? We faced the similar problem due to wrong coding.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    No, we didn't. So how do you solve this problem in the end? Thanks!
  • cnicolacnicola Member Posts: 181
    Well if your quantity on an order is 10 and you ship 7 then you have 7 Shipped not Invoiced. Once you invoice the 7 you have 0 Shipped not Invoiced but still 3 Outstanding.
    In that case the system leaves the order in there. So you either change the qty to 7 before invoicing or otherwise you go in after and delete the order manually.
    Apathy is on the rise but nobody seems to care.
    We cannot manually delete it and that's why I post it here for help!
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Assuming the quantity ordered = quantity invoiced on every line then the order will have deleted itself on the final invoicing. If you have subsequently altered the quantity ordered to match the quantity invoiced then you need to run the "delete invoiced sales orders" function (Administration - IT Administration - Data Deletion - Sales Documents)
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    Navi Learner,

I appolgize but I should have asked the same questions I do with my clients:

1. Did you invoice everything you shipped? If so then Shipped Not Invoiced should be zero.
    2. Assuming 1 is correct and the order is still there then when you try to manually delete it what is the EXACT error message you are getting?
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    We cannot manually delete it and that's why I post it here for help!
    to delete sales orders that are shipped and invoiced but still in the system you use the data deletion routine

Admnistration --> It Administrations --> Data Deletion --> Sales Documents --> delete invoiced sales orders

it is report 299
    I did it before and I did it again this time and it doesn't work.
    What is the error message you get when you try to delete the orders?
    I did it before and I did it again this time and it doesn't work.

Do you have delete permissions?

However I would think that in reality there is a line on the order where there is a quantity outstanding. How many lines do you have. What is the quantity on each and what is the invoiced quantity on each? Any difference?
    Thank you for your response! I have the right to delete the lines.
    We do have one field callled Qty. Outstanding and the it is zero.
    When I tried to delete the order, the error from the syste says: Qty shipped not invoiced must be zero in sales line document type='Order' Document no=xxxxxx, line no=xxxxx
    Then go to that line and invoice the amount outstanding, then it will delete itself.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Thank you for your response! I have the right to delete the lines.
    We do have one field callled Qty. Outstanding and the it is zero.
    When I tried to delete the order, the error from the syste says: Qty shipped not invoiced must be zero in sales line document type='Order' Document no=xxxxxx, line no=xxxxx
    The qty outstanding field can be blanked out manualy, so it could show 0 when there are really qty to bill. if it is truly shipped and invoiced complete then the delete posted sales orders should get rid of it, but you can not just delete it on your own, you need to run the report.