Form based on dynamically chossen records

ASTAST Member Posts: 108
Hello,
How to create a form based on some records which are known in runtime - befor form is opened
:?:

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I guess it depends on how many form variations you have. Take a look at some of the wizards to get an idea of how to do this.

You can define several frames in a single form and set their visibility and position at run-time based on the record.

Why do you need this anyway?
  • ASTAST Member Posts: 108
    I need to display all Posting Series Nos. assing to Series Nos. (my functionality) for Invoice.

I can write this values to temporary table and create form based on it, but maybe there is another way.
  • jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    I've built many a form that work off of Temporary Tables and I think that's a perfectly acceptable solution. I'm not 100% clear on what you're trying to do here...but one alternative is to have a process that runs on your form (onopen trigger?) that simply marks the appropriate records and then turns on the MarkedOnly view. That is a good way of filtering out records that don't have any common filter criteria (or simple filter criteria).

Now that I think about it there's one other pattern I've seen in the past but may not be recomended. You can build a filter string to apply to a field (e.g. Value1|Value2|Value3...) then apply it to the Key field. This really only works if you have a record that has a single field key (e.g. Customer or Vendor). It is also limited by how long your filterstrings can be...I think it's 1024.

Hope some of those options help give you some ideas :D
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com