Manufacturing Foundation vs Full Manufacturing

anil_mujagicanil_mujagic Member Posts: 91
Is Manufacturing foundation just a subset of Full Manufacturing or it has it's own features that are normally not accessible from Full Manufacturing?

How to know which one is actually installed?

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Manufacturing Foundation 4.0 is the entry point manufacturing solution in Navision. It is a complete solution for manufactures with simple production requirements and at the same time the basis for including more advanced functionality that can be bought in separate granules.

My understanding is it is aimed at the smaller business, primarily working in an order-to-order environment rather than a more extensive planning environment. However I have not seen this, perhaps a sales person knows the actual breakdown.

If you have bought the Advanced Management Addition of BRL then I believe you will have Prod. Order, Prod. BOM's, Basic Planning and Production Schedule. However you can buy additional components, version management, machine centres etc. So although you have bought one area you may have added to it, so you cannot say by granule what you have bought, but there must be some reference on your license that you are BRL, presumably granule 320 or something. This does restrict user growth I believe.

Hope that was of some help!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen