You do not have permission to run the MBS MenuSuite

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
Dear All,

I am trying to assign a particular Menu in my case it's 80 and not 90. I am changing the 'ALL' role by modifying hte menusite line by replacing the 0 by 80 in the hope that that particualr menu is chosen but instead that message is being released. Anyone has got any idea why this is happening and how should I solve this problem?

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Menusites only stores differences between previous menusuite.

You assign only particular menusuite to a user, he need to read previous menus to know differences.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    In menu designer you have the option to assign a menu to a user.

Right click in a menu in design mode
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    But could the users assigned change according to the company in question?
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    hi hi.

i am also having a problem where certain users (both Citrix and local client users) logging in get the message "you do not have permission to run the MBS MenuSuite."

All of our users are assigned to our 1 and only menu and the ALL user role has MenuSuite Object 0 Read permission. I have even explicitly added MenuSuite 20 (MBS) read/execute permission (plus insert modify delete in failed testing) and I always get the same message. interestingly, I can CTRL-O to get the open company dialogue to choose a company which will then open without issue. i can also go File --> Database --> Open and not get the error. it only seems to happen when launching the application from a shortcut (or application path in citrix).

any other tips for resolving this issue?
    kind of fell into this...
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    [bump]

hi. i still have this issue. everyone has the object in their permissions, everyone is assigned to the menu... we still see this.

any ideas?

what could i be missing?

thanks, all!
    kind of fell into this...
  • hiddentexthiddentext Member Posts: 45
    Hey Guys,

I have similar problem in V5 for a SQL client. Microsoft Knowledge based said that I have to add db_ddladmin role for the users and do synch all.
    After doing that, it is fine. I even remove the db_ddladmin role and it is still fine.
  • julia8351julia8351 Member Posts: 14
    jversusj wrote:
    hi hi.

i am also having a problem where certain users (both Citrix and local client users) logging in get the message "you do not have permission to run the MBS MenuSuite."

All of our users are assigned to our 1 and only menu and the ALL user role has MenuSuite Object 0 Read permission. I have even explicitly added MenuSuite 20 (MBS) read/execute permission (plus insert modify delete in failed testing) and I always get the same message. interestingly, I can CTRL-O to get the open company dialogue to choose a company which will then open without issue. i can also go File --> Database --> Open and not get the error. it only seems to happen when launching the application from a shortcut (or application path in citrix).

any other tips for resolving this issue?

Hi My customer also encounterred this error message under the same situation, have you resolved this issue? Could you share the solution with me? thank you ya.
  • ariukaariuka Member Posts: 19
    Hi, try to synchronize database login in user's pc..