Pencil

roshanthaparoshanthapa Member Posts: 90
How do make pencil appear in the comment button as in Customer card???

Comments

• roshanthaparoshanthapa Member Posts: 90
    If you don't get my question............How do I show pencil on the comment Button like in the Customer card?
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    That icon changes based on whether there are any comments for the customer. In my version I see a pencil either way, so I am guessing you want the pencil only. You get that by removing all comments. Click on the button and delete all comments in the form that comes up.
  • Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    It's a PictureBox control with transparent background and a BitmapList of 7,6

The SourceExpression of the PictureBox is set to Comment which is a Boolean flow field on the Customer table which checks for the existance of a comment line for that customer.

If the Comment flow field evaluates to FALSE, then bitmap 7 will be shown (the pencil).
    If the Comment flow field evaluates to TRUE, then bitmap 6 will be shown (the notepad with pencil).

The PictureBox then has a CommandButton overlayed on top which is used to launch the Comment Sheet.

Take apart the customer card and you should see how it works.

If you just require a command button with the Pencil icon alone - set the following properties on your command button:
    Bitmap = 7
    ShowCaption = No
    BitmapPos = Center

Hope this helps :D
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV