Change the VAT Amount

FommoFommo Member Posts: 138
Hi there

When registering an expences vendor invoice I need to manually specify the VAT Amount. How can I do that?
For example I wanna register the line below:
Type, No. Direct Unit Cost, VAT Amount
================================
G/L Account, 6450, 4 506.00, 1130 (rounded from 1126.50)

The reason to this is that some vendors always rounds the amount, and others do some really odd VAT calculations. So, with no tax paying or law aspects, how can this be accomplished in NAV 5.0?
I can see the VAT amount when pressing F9, but there I can't change it as far as I know.

Comments

• FommoFommo Member Posts: 138
    Is it not possible to manually specify VAT amount since nobody has replied to my question?
    It must be possible in some way, I can't see why it shouldn't. There must be thousands of cases every day when this is done?

Of course I can do it in a separate line with "VAT Only" and setting the first line to "NO VAT". But it's no perfect solution since it will affect the posting transactions. It will not be the same.

It should rather be done in the invoice head, but I haven't found any editable VAT Amount field there either.
  • asramaboyasramaboy Member Posts: 18
    That is depend on the Tax setting. I think Version 5.0 got this function. 1)Try to check "Purchases & Payables Setup" > Allow VAT Difference. 2) General Ledger Setup > Max. VAT Difference Allowed. 3) Select a Vendor and an Item in Purchase Order, and the combination between Vendor's VAT Bus. Posting Group + Item's VAT Prod. Posting needs to charge VAT... Then you will be able to change the "VAT Amount" at Statistics form > Invoicing Tab. (I am using Ver 4.0 as example, but I think it is the same at Ver 5.0)
    Ok, thanks.
    A little odd to do that in statistics form, but as long as it is possible I can live with that.
    Now I only have to figure out the best way to call the functions automatically since I need to do the invoice creation and VAT specification as well as inward registration from outside NAV.
    But that's another problem now when I know where to look.

Thanks again.
    I just found out that the solution doesn't work even in NAV client.
    When I have made som VAT Difference I can see the difference as it is spread out over the existing invoice lines.
    BUT when i do Inward Registration on such an invoice the inward transactions will be calculated from the original VAT amount according to specified VAT Prod. Posting group.

Is this a bug? :bug:
    One of the reasons with inward registration is that I wanna preregister the VAT amount. But if the calculated VAT Amount differs from the amount specified on the invoice it will be wrong. ](*,)
    Then the VAT amount on inward registration and the final posting will not match.
    Actually I don't know what you means: "Inward" Transaction... Are you able to show me what have you did? :)
    asramaboy wrote:
    Actually I don't know what you means: "Inward" Transaction... Are you able to show me what have you did? :)

I think Inward Registration may be a swedish localization. It is a functionality to post or register the VAT and vendor requirement before posting the whole invoice. The reason to this might be that the invoice have to be approved by some people in the company and it could take some time, but accordining to the law you still have to register the VAT in the month when the invoice arrived.
    So you could call it arrival registration, I think it describes it a little more.
    Oh, I see. Then I think I am not the best person for this case :-#