Menusuites permissions.

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
I have created a number of menusuites but I need that the menusuites are given to particular user i.e. person x has menusuite x while persons a,b,c and d get menusuite c. My question is where should I write the code?

Comments

• NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    You may copy the menu suit you created into the number of group of user. Then rename the following menu suit to access its properties via code. Set all menu suit properties to visible = FALSE. Create a function that will enable(make it visible) the specific menu suit for the user. On the trigger OnActivateForm call the function.

Hope this works :D .
    Navision noob....
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    I haven't really understood what you were saying. What are you referring to when saying: number of group of user?
  • NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    Hmm. Seems like I missed interpret what you are saying. Ok here are some steps.

1. Create a function
            //CallMeToShowMenuSuit (parUser)
            CurrForm.w.VISIBLE := (w = parUser);
            CurrForm.x.VISIBLE := (x = parUser);
            CurrForm.y.VISIBLE := (y = parUser);
            CurrForm.z.VISIBLE := (z = parUser);

2. Call the function in the OnActivateForm trigger of the form. Remember to pass the User.
    Navision noob....
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Which version of NAV are you using? You can directly open the menusuite designer and assign the menu to the users that you want.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • austinaustin Member Posts: 191
    Hi Naskar,

"You can directly open the menusuite designer and assign the menu to the users that you want" . Could u tell how to assign this.
    I tried but i could not achieve. Throw some procedure.

I am using 4.0 Sp1. :-k

thanks in advance