Printer Selection - Network printer

teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
Hi All,
I'm installed a pdf printer driver into a server and i wish to call the printer from other clients through "printer selection table"

But unfortunately when the time i specify the printer name into the "printer selection table" such as "\\192.168.0.168\pdfmailer" system prompt me an error message said that "Printer ID \\192.168.0.168\pdfmailer " is does not exist"...

Is "Printer Selection" table does not allow us to specify network printer?

Answers

• teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
    Finally i found the solution. Juz share the network printer & specify the full path in "Printer Name" column.
  • jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    Navision report engine only responds to printers that are installed locally to the Navision Client. That means that even if you have a network printer to print off, you will need to ensure that each user that is going to print off that printer has the printer defined the same way in their printer list.

I'm not a big fan of the way Navision handles prints and I've seen it cause a lot of problems if things are configured consistently on all the user machines and in the database (i.e. printer selections table). The simplest solution I've seen to date is to have the PDF Printer loaded on all the machines that need the PDF functionality. Then if it's not there the user gets an error...and they're not part of the user group, well they shouldn't be running that functionality. It's not perfect, but it's simple to develop, and not too much work to support if the user base is small that needs the PDF functionality.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com