Addon License to Customer

gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
We have developed an Addon and asked microsoft to issue a license for a customer.The new license for the customer works fine except for one customized form which is used to place a check mark in a customized field on a Standard Navision table.
We get an error like "you do not have permission to modify the Purchase Line table".
What could be the reason :-k
Regards,

GD

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be that the customer has no purchase order functionality in their license? Or the user has no rights to access this table? Check their license permissions and user permissions.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    When you register your add-on, you are required to list all required granules. When you order your add-on granule, Microsoft will then check the customer license to see if they have all required granules to run your product.

So for a product that uses the purchase line table, the prerequisite granule would be something like basic purchasing.
  • gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
    DenSter wrote:
    When you register your add-on, you are required to list all required granules. When you order your add-on granule, Microsoft will then check the customer license to see if they have all required granules to run your product.

So for a product that uses the purchase line table, the prerequisite granule would be something like basic purchasing.

The customer has all purchases and payables granules starting from basic Purchasing(ID 3510)

But our license has Purchase and Payables(ID 3500) plus all granules that customer has

I checked the "permission" table using a form but i still can't nail this permissions issue
    Regards,

GD
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be that the table in real is another than written. If somebody didn't changed the caption, when the table was copied, you see old caption in the error but the table name is now different. Use the debugger to check which table it is in real. And do not forget to run synchronization for permissions if you are using NAV 4.00 with extended security model.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    May be that the table in real is another than written. If somebody didn't changed the caption, when the table was copied, you see old caption in the error but the table name is now different. Use the debugger to check which table it is in real. And do not forget to run synchronization for permissions if you are using NAV 4.00 with extended security model.

It works with only our developer license but we dont want to give our license to them

so we ordered a license for the customer and this is the second time its happening .

[-o<
    Regards,

GD
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Hi,

Tell me one thing, when actually are you trying to place the check mark on the form. What is the state of the form, is the order in the released state? With the customer liscence are you able to create a Purchase order. That itself will tell you whether the liscence has got the permission or not.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
    Hi,

Tell me one thing, when actually are you trying to place the check mark on the form. What is the state of the form, is the order in the released state? With the customer liscence are you able to create a Purchase order. That itself will tell you whether the liscence has got the permission or not.

on the purchase order there is a get receipts fucntionality In our customization we filter on the purchase rcpt. lines by location and vendor so we created a field in Purchase receipt lines called "select" just to select the filtered purchase receipt lines.

I have also noticed that there are more than one standard tables that have been a added a custom field with different field names but same field No for eg 16009999 in table A,and 160009999 field no in Table B.Do you think this could be the problem ?
    Regards,

GD