Where it is filtering

austinaustin Member Posts: 191
Hello Experts,

I am new to navision. I am keep reading the manuals of navision. I have some doubts.
I know we have a table Customer ledger entries. In that table all customer ledger entries will store.Now i opened Customer card
for 10000 customer. I click ledgerentries of that customer it is showing only that customer entries.
I would like to know where it is exactly filtering that means how it is showing only that customer entries. Where is the code.
Give some detail explanation. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Thanks and regards

Comments

• Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    The value shown in the Balance (LCY) field on the Customer Card for example, and indeed many other fields throughout the application, is achieved using what is called a FlowField.

A FlowField is defined at table level where a formula is supplied in the CalcFormula property of the field in order to pull the required values from the database.

If you take a look at the properties for field 59 in the Customer table [18] you will see the FieldClass set to FlowField and a CalcFormula which sums up values in the Detailed Cust. Ledg. Entry table. The Table Filter portion of the CalcFormula is responsible for the filtering.

You may want to take a look at the Application Designers Guide for a more thorough explanation of FlowField's etc.
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV