Benefits of migrating from Navsion version 3.10 to Nav 5.0

nachoporcarnachoporcar Member Posts: 27
Please,

i want to know the main benefits of migrating from Navision version 3.10 to Navision 5.0, i am interested in the benefits at big features. I have to explain it to the direction of my company but they don't understand that the engine is better or the database is faster.

What are for you the MAIN BENEFITS of the newest version of NAVISION 5.0 concerning versions 3.10 to 4.0?

Thanks
Nacho

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    What modules of Navision are you using?

You can ask your NAV partner for fact sheets with new functionality per version but you'll have to pick out the ones intersting for you.

Generally the benefits are to

Be on a supported system
    Be able to run on Windows Vista
    Have better SQL performance possibilities
    Be able to use the Office xml interface
  • nachoporcarnachoporcar Member Posts: 27
    I am using the next modules of NAVISON:

- Accounting
    - Sales and Collections
    - Purchases and Payments
    - Existences
    - Resources
    - Projects
    - Administration Treasury
  • p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    Nacho, most boards will not be impressed by technical stuff. The only thing you can tell them is what Mark already says: you have to be on a supported version of NAV. If the database crashes, a thing I have seen 1 time in 7 years at hundreds of customers, you don't want to be the unlucky one....

Try the funtional area: appraoch your business partner and get the changes document from them. This will show you the changes from NAV 3.1 to 5.0. Try to filter as many usefull things as you can.

Besides, reconsider add-ons. There might be add-ons available which can replace lot's of customizations, saving you lots of many you pay annually...

good luck

Peter
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Maybe asking yourself these questions might help. Some were from my bosses blasting so they might sound a bit sarcastic...

What is the objective of going to new version? budget no where else to spend? just to be on the latest version or supported version?
    Are the new features must have features or going to be white elephants, can they fit in your business processes? what happens to existing customizations?
    What does being on the supported version mean? is a better backup procedure/routine system check better?
    Any problems interacting with other applications? Other hidden costs? More mouse clicks required?
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger