NAV 5.0 - Another user has modified the record for this ...

mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
I keep seeing the following error in Navision 5.0 when I change a field in a table:

Another user has modified the record for this <record> after you retrieved it form the database.
Enter your changes again in the updated window, or start the interrupted activity again.
Identification fields and values:
<field>=<value>

I have this e.g. when I try to select New Fiscal Year for an Accounting Period. There is no way I can change this field, it always returns this error. We're using SQL Server 2005 and I only have Accouting Periods open and I'm the only logged in user.

I have this error in different places in an unmodified 5.0 CH.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What I know is that there is known bug of NAV 5.0 in this area. Search the forum and may be you will get the answer.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • cyuwonocyuwono Member Posts: 28
    I am looking for an answer for this problem too.
    I do know that this is known bug and the patch was included on the SP1 update.
    Since my company don't have SP1 update, is there any way that i can get (partial) source code on the this code unit
    Codeunit 5810 Change Average Cost Setting, VSA reference: 8900879, KB article reference: 938366

Please help

Thanks
    Carlos Yuwono
    I think I found the bugs on my unit code, but I just don't know how to fix it. I want to compare my 5810 Unit Code. does anyone willing to share their 5810 unit code (function = UpdateAvgCostFromAccPeriodChg) ?
    here what i have
    UpdateAvgCostFromAccPeriodChg(AccPeriod : Record "Accounting Period";PrevAccPeriod : Record "Accounting Period";UpdateType : ' ,Insert,
    IF NOT InvtSetup.GET THEN
      EXIT;

WITH AccPeriod DO BEGIN
      IF NOT (("New Fiscal Year" OR PrevAccPeriod."New Fiscal Year" OR
              (InvtSetup."Average Cost Period" = InvtSetup."Average Cost Period"::"Accounting Period")))
      THEN
        EXIT;

StartingValuationDate := 0D;   
      AccPeriod2 := AccPeriod;  
      CASE UpdateType OF
        UpdateType::Insert:
          INSERT;
        UpdateType::Delete:
          DELETE;
        UpdateType::Modify:
          MODIFY;
        UpdateType::Rename:
          BEGIN
            PrevAccPeriod.DELETE;                                                                            
            INSERT;                                                              
            IF ("Starting Date" > PrevAccPeriod."Starting Date") AND (PrevAccPeriod."Starting Date" <> 0D) THEN          
              AccPeriod2 := PrevAccPeriod;               
          END;
      END;

ProcessItemsFromDate(StartingValuationDate);
      CASE UpdateType OF   
        UpdateType::Insert:     
          DELETE;           
        UpdateType::Delete:      
          INSERT;     
        UpdateType::Rename:       
          BEGIN     
            PrevAccPeriod.INSERT; 
            DELETE; 
          END;                  
      END;                     
    END;

can someone help please
    Carlos Yuwono
  • mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
    Just a simple search would have shown you this:
    viewtopic.php?t=21028&highlight=

Ps: For the 2 posts above, Luc Van Dyck is the one with the correct answer to my :?: question.

:wink:
    those are different codeunit (5814) :( the one that i need is 5810. btw I did search the forum.
    do you mind to share your 5814 ?

thanks
    Carlos Yuwono
  • Aske_HolstAske_Holst Member Posts: 13
    Solution, with code, on partnersource: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase ... OVNLPZOZOM
    Thank you,

I went to the website and I compared them. and mine is same with the one on the website. but I am still getting the same error :(

advice please
    Carlos Yuwono
  • Aske_HolstAske_Holst Member Posts: 13
    Try copying the codeunit from 5.0 SP1, this includes this fix.
    It should work fine with 5.0, but no guarantees.