migration overview in 5.0

ajaybabuChajaybabuCh Member Posts: 208
Hi

Through Migration overview I can export through excel , but I can't import through excel.

For example, I exported the existing vendor data to excel. I have changed the same excel file with new values of vendor and imported.

It is saying that "Setup data has been imported successfully" , but in the vendor table , I am not getting the new values.

If I create a new excel file with the same format , while importing it is saying that "Excel does not contain XML mappings"

can anybody tell me how to import excel through "Migration Overview" form in Navision 5.0

Regards
Ajay
Ajay

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    That's because you modified the excel file after exporting the data, and that confuses the system. This only works when you leave the field mapping alone. If you need to add fields from the legacy system, you need to add those fields to the NAV table first, then you make sure the mapping is correct, and then it should import correctly.
  • ajaybabuChajaybabuCh Member Posts: 208
    See I took one excel sheet and entered the info as follows

First Row : Vendor 23
    Second Row : Left Blank
    Third Row : No. Name
    FourthRow: TEST TESTNAME

and save the file. and imported thourgh "Migration Overview" Form

It is giving me the error "Excel does not contain XML mappings"

How to create excel and import the data through "Migration Overview" form
    Ajay
  • Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    When you import using the data migration it doesn't immediatly go tot eh Vendor table. It first goes to a migration table.
    If you go back into the Data Migration screen you should see that there are records against eiuther 'No, of Migration Records' or 'No. of Migration Errors' or both. If there are no errors then you just need to select the line and click the migration-> Apply Migration Data. If there are errors you need to drill into the form and see what the errors are so you can correct them.

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • ajaybabuChajaybabuCh Member Posts: 208
    See the problem is While importing the excel sheet through "Migration Overview" Form It is giving me the error "Excel does not contain XML mappings"

I didn't see any records in the migration table. Migration table is empty.

I created the excel sheet with the same format that when we get export data to excel through migration overview form.
    Ajay