Item substitution

DianaaDianaa Member Posts: 7
Hi,

How is working the item subtitution? I create 2 items and I set that the first one is a substitution of the second one. Both items have set the replemishment system as production orders. Both have diferent routes and bom's. I create a sales order and I used the planning worksheet to create a production order. The question is if is any way to choose between the my item and the substitute in the planning proces, before I create the production order.

Do you have any documentation about the substitution?

Thank you,

Diana :)

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    This is intended to work from the sales line in conjunction with the stock out warning. You enter a quantity and it tells you that you do not have enough, it also tells you substitutes exist. You can then click on suibstituions in the right hand pane and it alters to the substituted item. All of your planning then flows forward from this perspective as the demand is set correctly.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • DianaaDianaa Member Posts: 7
    Hi Adam,

Thank you very much for your reply. We are a manufacturing company and we don't sell from stock. We are make to order environment. I would like to use this substitute at a subassambly level. Also better will be if I have a posibility to have an alternative route for a item.

Let me explain: We producing buttons in 2 different ways. These buttons we are going to assamble in keyboards and sell them as a products. Preferable is to don't have to create 2 items for those buttons because we don't want to change the drawing for them. How can be this possible in Navision? This decision to choose between the 2 routes we would like to make at the production order level.

Thank you,
    Diana
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi Diana

You will need to modify the system to do this. If two routes is your preferred approach this should not be too difficult, but I am not a developer!

The routing code is already on the production header. I would suggest your routing numbers reflect the item, so you have item-01 and item-02 to reflect the different avaialble routes as you can only have one route assigned to an item.

We bring the routing number onto the header, the user can then change it and replan, however the replan looks at the item routing, not the production header routing, so this would need to be changed as well. You also cannot change the routing once ledger entries have been processed for obvious reasons.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • DianaaDianaa Member Posts: 7
    Thank you Adam. :) I hopped that will not be necessary a customization.

Have a nice weekend!

Diana