Change column caption dinamically

AlishaAlisha Member Posts: 217
Hi,

Anyone knows if it is possible to change the caption of a column heading (in a normal tubular form) dinamically, for example when the form is opened?

Thanks

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    It is possible, but it depends on what functionality you need.
    Look at the shortcutdimension fields on (for example) sales line... .
    If you work with the "captionclass" property and see how codeunit 1 handles this ... you might find what you're looking for.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Yes, and it's quite reliable, I found. I have a customization where when you select METER as sales unit of measure on the sales line the unit price caption is changed to "METER Price" etc. Works very well.
  • AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
    Yes, you can. I've found a customization too, where they are edited the codeunit 1 where a function is check the Language and get the correct translated caption from a Caption table that contains the translates. ... in short. :?
  • AlishaAlisha Member Posts: 217
    I'm afraid that's not useful for me, I need to populate the headers with dates, that depend on what the user introduces in a textbox in the form.
    (It's a form working as the Aged debtor report)

I think the only way of doing it is using a matrix form instead of a normal tabular form.
  • roshanthaparoshanthapa Member Posts: 90
    After searching though the forum, I found the same problem faced by Alisha here.

I also have to create a report where the header should populate with date and day according to the filter specified.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!