Question regarding Upgrade 3.70 -> 5.00

MaPuMaPu Member Posts: 3
Hi,

I have a problem regarding the upgrade from Navision 3.70 to Navision 5.00

As far as I know, the NDT is based on a Navision 4.00(respectively 4.00 SP3) Database. So I create a Nav 4.00 DB with the 4.00 Client an import the DevToolKit FOB. Then I import the .txt from 3.70 Base, 3.70 Customized and 5.00 Base.

But that would mean the Objects from 5.00 Base Version are downgraded into a 4.00 DB...

I guess there is a mistake in my thoughts. Please tell me where.

Or is it possible to create a 5.00 DB from 5.00 Client and make a DevToolKit DB from that?

EDIT: Sorry, I messed up the question. I start again.

When you upgrade from 3.70 to 4.00, you have to import your 3.70 DB into the 4.00 Client and export(txt) it from there, otherwise the Toolkit can`t use it.

So wouldn`t that mean, you have to import a 5.00 Standard DB into a 4.00 Client and export(txt) it from there? That`s what I meant with downgrade...

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There is one mistake: there is no link between imported objects version and NDT DB version. THat you import text objects from 5.00 into DB based on 4.00SP3 doesn't matter, because for NDT the text file is just data. NDT must knw, what does it mean "COPYLINK" function, but nothing more. And it depends on NDT version, not DB version.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • MaPuMaPu Member Posts: 3
    okay, thanks for your answer